Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 18, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
Learn how to move a file or folder out of the shared folder in your NextCloud local drive. You can move a shared file to anywhere within your NextCloud folder.
1. Before you move your shared file or folder, make sure your NextCloud icon status is synchronized.
2. If you are using a Mac system, start by clicking on the NextCloud icon and then select Open folder.
3. If your files and folders are not shown in column view, click on the column view button. This view will be easier to move a file or subfolder between folders.
4. Click on the shared folder.
5. Locate shared file or folder you would like to move and drag to the root folder.
*Tip: Please be careful not to move the file or folder outside of the ownCloud folder.
6. If you are a Windows 7 user, start by right-clicking on the NextCloud icon that is found in the system tray.
7. Select Open folder.
8. Double click on the shared folder.
9. Locate the file you would like to move and drag file to the NextCloud folder.
*Tip: Please be careful not to move the file or folder outside of the NextCloud folder.
10. Open the NextCloud folder to verify that you have moved the file successfully.