Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 18, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
How to request a Laulima development (dev) course site. This is useful when you will be teaching an upcoming course and your course site is not yet available, but you would like to to add and organize course content ahead of time.
Instructors will receive a CRN-based (course reference number) Laulima course site at least 2 weeks before the start of the semester. However, if you would like to get a head start or if you were requested to teach a course a few weeks before the start of the semester and do not have a course site yet, you can request for a development (dev) course to be able to develop your course ahead of time. When your official CRN based Laulima course site is available, you will able to transfer all the contents in your development course site to your course site.
1. Begin by logging in to Laulima.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the site and click on Request Account.
3. Click on Login.
4. Log in with your UH username and password.
5. On the pulldown menu after ‘I am requesting a’, choose Development of future courses.
6. In the first field, enter your course info, semester followed by ‘template’ or ‘master’ to indicate that the course site is a development site, not a course site that will be taught from directly.
7. Click on Request.
Tip: Once you get access to your dev course site, you can begin adding content such as assessments, assignments, forums and so on. You will be able to copy the content to your official course site when it is ready for access.