Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 14, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
How to import multiple choice, true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions from Microsoft Word, a Google Doc or a plain text document to create a question pool in The Assignments, Tests and Surveys Tool.
1. Before you import your questions, make sure that your questions are in the format as shown in screenshot.
Tip: Editing the questions is easier on a text editor due to Word and Google Doc’s automatic ordered list formatting of numbers of letters with unnecessary spacing. Simply, copy all of your questions from Word or Google Doc and paste to TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Windows).
2. Navigate to the Laulima course site you will be creating the question pool in, then click on Assignments, Tests and Survey.
3. Click on Question Pools.
4. Click on Import.
5. Click on Paste Questions & Import.
Tip: There are other ways to import your assessment to the Assignments, Tests and Surveys’ tool via QTI, AT&S, and eCollege, however they are not covered in this tutorial.
6. Copy all of the questions from from your Word, Google Doc or plain text document and paste into the text box.
7. Click on OK.
8. Click on the question pool you created to verify if your assessment questions, question type and answers are correct.
9. To verify if the answers of your assessment question answers, click on the top checkbox to select all questions, and click on Preview.
10. Verify your questions, question formats and answers. Click on Return.
11. If there are question assessments that need editing, click on the question to edit. Press Done if assessment questions are correct.