Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 14, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
How to import multiple-choice, true/false and fill in the blank questions from Microsoft Word, Google Doc or a text editor to quickly create an assessment in Test & Quizzes Tool.
1. Before you import your questions, make sure that your questions are in the format as shown in screenshot.
Tip: Editing the questions is easier on a text editor due to Word and Google Doc’s automatic ordered list formatting of numbers of letters with unnecessary spacing. Simply, copy all of your questions from Word or Google Doc and paste to Text Edit (Mac) or Notepad (Windows).
2. Navigate to the Laulima course site you will be creating the assessment in, then click on Test & Quizzes.
3. Name your assessment in the Assessment Title field. Make sure the Create using markup text option is selected. Click Create.
4. Copy all of the questions from from your Word, Google Doc or text editor document and paste into the text box.
5. Click on Next
6. Verify that your questions and answers are correctly formatted. Click on Create Assessment.
7. Your new assessment is created and stored in Working Copies and is ready to be published.