Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 14, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
How to create a random draw assessment from an existing question pool using the Test & Quizzes tool.
1. Begin by navigating to the Laulima course site you would like to create the assessment for, then click Test & Quizzes.
Tip: Before you begin, make sure you know which existing question pool you plan to draw your questions from.
2. Name your assessment in the Assessment Title field. Make sure the Create using assessment builder option is selected. Click Create.
3. Click on Edit.
4. Scroll down to Type and choose Random draw from question pool.
5. Select the question pool you are drawing the questions from.
Tip: The number in parentheses indicates the number of questions in the question pool. Use this number to determine the number of questions you would like to draw from the question pool.
6. Enter the number of questions you want to draw from the question pool. You can optionally enter a value in the Point value of questions and Negative point value for the incorrect answer selection fields.
7. Choose the type of randomization you would like to use. Click on Save.
*Tip: If you choose A studentʻs questions are randomized each time an assessment is submitted, your studentʻs questions will be randomized each time he or she restarts the same assessment.