Instructional Technology Support, College of Education @UH Manoa
July 12, 2017 by Nia Ordinario
How to convert a Powerpoint (.pptx) slideshow to image files (.jpeg) using PowerPoint and the upload presentation to Blackboard Collaborate. This tutorial will help Blackboard Collaborate moderators work around issues experienced when trying to upload pptx formatted presentation slides.
1. Begin by opening the pptx formatted presentation slides with PowerPoint.
2. Click on File and select Save as Pictures.
3. Select your image format. Your default image format is JPEG. You can optionally set your image format to PNG or GIF by clicking on the selection menu. These image file types are accepted by Blackboard Collaborate as well.
4. Click on Options.
5. Enter 1024 in the Height field. The width value will automatically adjust.
6. Click on Save. Each slide of the presentation will be saved as a set of JPEG files in a folder.
7. In Blackboard Collaborate, click on Load Content.
8. Locate and open the presentation slides folder on your desktop.
9. Select all of the slide images by clicking on the first slide and hold shift + mouse click on last slide. Then click Open.
10. Click on Import Images as Individual Pages. Click on Load.
11. Verify that your presentation slides have uploaded by clicking on the top right menu and clicking on Show Page Explorer.
12. You will see your uploaded slides in the Page Explorer.